Thursday 10 December 2009

Modestly Attired

You say my face is plain
You say I don't have it
I can't be like movie stars
or wonderful royal-pretty thing

You say you love me
but you kinda look away
you say you love me
the words always decay

you say I wanna kiss you
and your kisses they blotch
they are bad make-up
they don't hide the scars of abuse

you dress me like a liqurice doll
so sweet like burnt candy
rolling in your mouth
so sweet like a cloud making a storm

so I pleased guilty
said I was sorry
that I'm not beautiful enough
that I'm modestly dressed

so I pleaded guilty
I begged you to stay
I may be moderately dressed
but my love is not modest

you told I can't be a drama queen
I can't be a luscious being
I can't be carved into a poster on a wall
I'm just me simple me

you told me I can't cry with an award
star on some favourite show
or drop down a passing crowd
I can only be me
Fuck you!
if I'm only me
I think I don't really need
to be some stringed doll
that is for kids

Fuck You!
if I'm only me
I think I dont really need
superficial trash like you
You're not worth it

if I'm only me
I'm glad to be me
I don't need a poster on a wall
I don't want to stand forever - I'll walk on!

1 comment:

Al-poeta said...

I agree with Audity -- this sounds like a rock song. Go girls! get a team together and SING it out!