Monday 4 January 2010

Love In The Drown

Forever young and merry white
in the throes of an intimate kiss
love is both wet and dry
a beloved amphibian

In the costly wastages of lust
tied to a strange surgical knife
to a wound in a laboratory
sterilized is my tongue

You may eat my seeds
they might grow
longer in the soil
sandier than the clay

Owning in the falsified dichotomy
Owning in a mirage obscure
like lifelines contanimated
like winds of fate misread

So is it me in the wrong deed?
Only absolved by your sex?
mitigated is all senses
I rescue, I rescue you and I from the extremities of selves and ours...

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Ink,

Another honest post. I enjoy the descriptions you give!

Sometimes it's difficult to find exactly what you mean. Something my own professors have told me is to try and avoid using latinate words. Instead, I should use simple anglo-saxon words and be blunt. Hope this helps.

Also, congrats on your studying abroad. I know it'll be a long and hard process. But let me know if you need anything!

Al-poeta said...

A cry from the heart.