Friday 25 December 2009

Can you light the fire?


Have you seen yesterday? Do you believe in today? ...Is the definition of Tomorrow translates to a deeper marrow beneath the skin.

My soul has had its voyage - deep rooted knots overpassing the Gordian and yet released more than the milk of Venus - Have you seen fireplaces? No, the natural one, not the one the man had wrought with bricks, stones and inventor's code - the stars that lock kisses in the night flare.

I had seen them - heard them through sitars and toblas and seen through cellos and pianos - heard them through the electric keyboard and the ancient-flute.

My voyage is but endless. AS the cells of my body I had been phoenix-gifted - my manufactoring has been always renewed and temporary expiration has never fulfilled my genesis. Yet all date and time needs its fix of death and life.

So - even if I die now my soul had crept in the mountain stones and river banks and ocean floors and clouds ashore (As Jibanananda Das would have said)

Light the fire please - for this creature who has been both human and spirit will now write the last line...

AllahHafez

2 comments:

XxTushiXx said...

I like the thing were you said that you had seen the natural fireplace.
For me,I see it at my poems,musics and my any kind of my drawings.
And its true that Living things must die one day and so we should try to enjoy our life on earth as much we can enjoy it.
Any time and anywhere we can stop breathing forever.

Al-poeta said...

Personal. Touching. Beautiful.