Tuesday 7 October 2008

Temporary

I used to believe
that I could survive the world
despite these girls and boys
and inanimate toys, breaking my life

It's so concealed that can be portrayed
the real is not so important
it's temporary madness anyway
the idealist lives because he dreams.

Come a little closer
look beyond the mirror but also the image you can see
life's too fair so it becomes unfair
like living in the body of man.

My life means nothingness
to the sounds of all the virtues
but to make meaning
I must break all things
even it be emptiness

so hurry now
the world awaits
so hurry now
your dreams awaits
the passage is temporarily
blocked by obscenity

Of man who plans love
who keeps organizing all too much
please believe me when I say
that temporary things have a way
of making you believe in eternity

So though my flesh is present
and my soul is past
and my bones my future
they all temporarily collide
creating the explosion of breathing
life needs no permanence
for temporary breathing
becomes the immortal qualified.

1 comment:

Al-poeta said...

This is a moving poem, especially, the ending. Everything adds up so beautifully. BTW, that girl is Salma, my cousin. I assigned her as my model during a party and took a number of pictures.